This section provides use cases of how to configure and manage the Serialized Manufacturing application.
The workflow illustrates a typical use case for the user. The description is not exhaustive and is not meant to be exhaustive. The goal is to help the users to get an idea of how to use the application for certain activities.
Using Movilitas.Cloud as an Administration Tool without Control on the Shopfloor
In this use case, you use Movilitas.Cloud as an administration tool to register products and production orders, and to commission items to market. Movilitas.Cloud does not have control over the shopfloor. External systems, like ERP or the middleware system on the shopfloor, are integrated with the Manufacturer V2 API. Serial numbers and SSCCs are defined on your side.
Before You Begin
Make sure that you have configured all the channels you need.
|Manufacturer V2 API|
To access the Serialized Manufacturing application from an external system through API, configure the Manufacturer V2 API channel. For more information, see Configuring Manufacturer V2 API Channel.
For the communication through the Manufacturer V2 API, you also need to have a valid authentication token. For more information, see Managing API Keys and Static Token.
|EU Hub||To report to the EU Hub, configure the EU Hub business channel. For more information, see the Configuring an EU Hub Channel and Viewing EU Hub Messages.|
|BPOM||To report to the National Agency of Drug and Food Control in Indonesia (Badan Pengawas Obat dan Makanan - BPOM), configure the BPOM regulatory channel. For more information, see Configuring BPOM Channel, Viewing BPOM Logs, and Importing Shipping Locations.|
1. Create the market profiles under the Serialized Manufacturing application --> Settings tab. For more information, see Settings.
2. Manage the products under the Serialized Manufacturing application --> Products tab. For the products, you must define the master data. You can also create product groups, that you can associate with products. For more information, see Managing Products and Managing Product Groups.
3. (Optional) Register a packaging line under the Serialized Manufacturing application --> Packaging --> Packaging lines tab. You can give a name and a packaging line tag that is used for the API communication, but all of these are optional. As there is no control on the packaging line from Movilitas.Cloud, ignore specifying a shopfloor channel. For more information, see Managing Packaging Lines.
4. Create packaging orders either in the Serialized Manufacturing application or from your ERP system through the Manufacturer V2 API channel. For more information, see Managing Packaging Orders or the Manufacturer V2 API documentation.
5. Produce the packs and containers on the shopfloor. Communicate with Movilitas.Cloud over Manufacturer V2 API. For more information on the API requests, see the Manufacturer V2 API documentation.
|5.1||Request the order details from Movilitas.Cloud through Manufacturer V2 API.|
Prepare the serial numbers and the SSCCs used for the aggregation. Make sure that the given values are unique and GS1-compliant.
Note: Action outside Movilitas.Cloud.
Start the packaging order by moving its status to In Progress in Movilitas.Cloud through Manufacturer V2 API.
Serial number assignment is bypassed in Movilitas.Cloud.
Produce the packs and perform the aggregations on the shopfloor.
Note: Action outside Movilitas.Cloud.
Update Movilitas.Cloud with the results through Manufacturer V2 API:
6. Commission the produced items to the market under the Serialized Manufacturing application --> Commissioning tab. For more information, see Commissioning.
7. Monitor the requests sent through the EU Hub or BPOM channel by opening the specific EU Hub or BPOM channel under Dashboard --> Channels tab and make sure that the requests are successful. For more information, see the Configuring an EU Hub Channel and Viewing EU Hub Messages or the Configuring BPOM Channel, Viewing BPOM Logs, and Importing Shipping Locations.
8. Track the SSCC pool, the SSCC history, and the pack history under the Serialized Manufacturing application --> SN/SSCC pool tab. For more information, see:
9. View the batches of a product and the total number of packs with status. For more information, see Managing Batches.
After the items are successfully commissioned to the market, they are ready for shipping. For more information, see the Serialized Logistics application.