Use the Serialized Logistics mobile application to scan the items to be packed. You can group multiple items using a trade item, a showbox, a case, or a pallet.
Note: The procedure described below takes the use case when the operator scans the items by using the camera of the mobile device.
- For mobile devices with built-in scanners, the GUI buttons related to scanning, like Scan Item, may not be displayed and you need to press the physical button on the device to scan.
- For devices with external (table) scanners, you can point the scanner to the barcode to scan and you can ignore the GUI buttons on the screen related to scanning.
Before You Begin
Make sure the administrator has assigned you as an operator to the Serialized Logistics application and authorized you to pack items in the specified warehouse.
1. Open the Serialized Logistics application in Movilitas Mobile.
2. Select Pack.
The application detects the operator privilege setting and one of the following applies:
- The application offers the following options:
- Packing - items
- Packing - orders
- The application automatically directs the user to the Pack screen.
If you need to select an option, select Packing - items. The application displays the Pack screen.
3. On the Pack screen, tap Scan Parent and scan the parent (container or trade item) you want to use to group the items. The application displays the scanned parent data.
4. Tap Scan Item and scan the first item you want to put in the logistic unit.
Note: When you attempt to scan a parent as a child item, you will be prompted with a message, Scanned item cannot be same as parent item.
The application displays every item you scan in the list. To view the details of an item or remove an item, slide the item to the left and select Preview or Remove.
5. (Optional) Scan multiple items by tapping Continue Scan and put them into the parent (container or trade item).
- By default, you can scan up to 20 items at once. You can control the allowed maximum number of children to be packed at once under the Serialized Logistics application --> Site management --> Warehouses tab.
- You cannot add more items to the parent at once than the allowed maximum. However, you can repeat the procedure to add further items to the same parent until all items are aggregated.
- If the allowed maximum number has changed while you are packing and you want to make the change effective immediately, you need to restart this procedure. Go back to the main menu in Movilitas Mobile and then revisit the Serialized Logistics application --> Pack operation.
6. When you finished scanning, select Pack Items.
The items are grouped. The application displays a summary of the scanned items with a preview option by sliding the item to the left.
You can continue adding further items to the same parent by repeating the above procedure.