On the Serialized Logistics application --> Settings tab, you can manage the application-level settings.
- You can set the default business channel for the application (if applicable). This setting is overwritten by the business channel setting of the warehouse.
- You can provide an external GS1 Digital Link Resolver server URL (if applicable). When an operator requests electronic content by scanning a GS1 Data Matrix barcode of a pack in the mobile application, the application connects to the external GS1 Digital Link Resolver server. The server will redirect the user to an external website for product information.
- You can provide a Scandit license key to use matrix scanning in the installed version of the mobile application.
- You can control the access to the Admin UI for users with the "User" role.
The settings are optional and are strongly connected to certain business use cases. If none of them is applicable to your use case, you can leave the Settings panel in the default state.
Note: To access this page, the "Administrator" role is required.
List of Procedures
Configuring the Settings Panel
Before You Begin
Before configuring this panel, consider your business use case. If any of the following is valid for your use case, configure this panel:
- You have created and configured an SAP ATTP or SAP ICH business channel.
- You have a valid GS1 Digital Link Resolver server URL and your company prepared the server for processing the requests. The server is external and you cannot control it in Movilitas.Cloud.
- You have obtained a license from Scandit to use matrix scanning in the installed version of the mobile application.
If none of them is applicable, leave the panel in the default state.
1. In the Serialized Logistics application, click on the Settings tab. The application displays the Settings panel and the Access Control for Users with User Role panel.
2. (Optional) Select the default business channel to use for the warehouse. This setting can be overwritten at each warehouse.
3. (Optional) If you want to provide electronic content for the operators through an external GS1 Digital Link resolver server, enter the server URL in the GS1 Digital Link Resolver URL field.
4. (Optional) To use matrix scanning in the installed version of the mobile application, enter the Scandit license key in the Scandit License field.
Note: Matrix scanning is limited to Receive - External mobile action.
5. Click Save Settings.
Controlling the Access for Users with the User Role
You can customize the access to the Serialized Logistics application in the Admin UI for each user that has the "User" role:
- The access is controlled on a tab basis. The tabs are organized in a tree view with selectable checkboxes. Access to the tab can be turned on or off. The application offers a default setting.
- When a user has access to a tab, this means full access to that tab, including its child tabs with one limitation. Partner invitation is not allowed for a user with the "User" role.
- A tab can contain a parameter that takes values from a page to which the user does not have access. In this case, the application offers the available values for selection but the user cannot manipulate the source page.
- You cannot give access to the Settings tab for a user with the "User" role.
1. In the Serialized Logistics application, click on the Settings tab.
2. On the Access Control for Users with User Role panel, find the user.
To search for a user, enter the email address in the search field.
- The list of users is filtered based on the search criteria.
- You can reset the filter by clicking on the Reset Filters icon.
3. Select the user to control the access to the Serialized Logistics application in the Admin UI.
The application displays the application tabs in a tree view with the current access of the user.
In the following example, the application displays the default access of a user. The tree view is not expanded for all parent tabs:
4. Customize the user access.
- To give access to a tab, select the related checkbox.
- To give access to all child tabs (group of tabs), select the checkbox next to the parent tab.
- To deny access to a tab, clear the related checkbox.
- To deny access to all child tabs (group of tabs), clear the checkbox next to the parent tab.
5. Click Save.
The setting becomes effective as follows:
- Immediately at the backend (server side).
- With the next login of the user in the UI (client side).