Use the Serialized Logistics mobile application to scan items for verification.
The verification request is sent to an external system through the configured channel for the warehouse. Verification can be performed against one of the following external systems only:
- Arvato (NMVS)
- SAP ATTP
- SAP ICH
If there is no channel configured for the warehouse, the verification is performed against Movilitas.Cloud database.
If a regulatory channel (Arvato) and a business channel (SAP ATTP or SAP ICH) are configured for the warehouse, the verification is performed against Arvato (NMVS) only (the regulatory channel takes precedence).
The application displays the verification result received from the external system or from the database for each item.
If a regulatory channel other than Arvato is configured for the warehouse, the mobile application shows an error message when trying to verify.
Note: The procedure described below takes the use case when the operator scans the items by using the camera of the mobile device.
- For mobile devices with built-in scanners, the GUI buttons related to scanning, like Continue Scan, may not be displayed and you need to press the physical button on the device to scan.
- For devices with external (table) scanners, you can point the scanner to the barcode to scan and you can ignore the GUI buttons on the screen related to scanning.
Before You Begin
Make sure the administrator has assigned you as an operator to the Serialized Logistics application and authorized you to verify products in the specified warehouse.
The administrator can assign you to a warehouse having a configured channel, for example, SAP ATTP or Arvato.
1. Open the Serialized Logistics application in Movilitas Mobile.
2. Select Verification.
For the first time, the application requests you to allow access to your location data. You need to allow the application to access your location data.
Once access to the location data is allowed, the application displays the geolocation data (latitude, longitude) and the application is ready for scanning.
Note: You can scan GS1 Data Matrix codes and GS1-128 barcodes. The application can handle GS1-128 barcodes that hold data about GTIN, batch, and expiry date. If you scan a GS1-128 SSCC barcode, serial number or batch details are not available.
3. Tap Scan Multiple Packs and scan the first item. The application displays the scanned item in the list along with the verification result.
4. Tap Continue Scan and scan further packs one by one. The application displays every pack you scan in the list along with the verification result for each item.
- If the item is valid (commissioned or existing), the item is listed in green.
- If the item is invalid (decommissioned or there is an issue with the item), the application displays an appropriate message and the item is highlighted in red. When an alert is raised while verifying against the NMVS, the application informs the user about the alert.
- To view the details of an item or remove an item, slide the item to the left and select Details or Remove.
Note: If the Internet connection is lost, the application displays an error message and offers you to sign out and continue scanning offline. If the connection issue persists and it is not a minor disruption, sign out and scan offline.