The Repacker FMD application enables companies involved in the repackaging and relabeling of pharmaceutical products to comply with the Falsified Medicines Directive (FMD).
A company involved in the repackaging and relabeling of medicinal products must be able to do the following actions:
- Generate serial numbers for the pharmaceutical products
- Manage and keep track of all the serial numbers of these products
- Manage and keep track of logistic units used to receive and repack the medicinal products
- Connect to the European Hub
- Scan the medicinal products
The Repacker FMD application supports companies involved in the repackaging and relabeling of medicinal products to keep track of the logistic units such as cases, pallets, or parcels that are used for grouping the products that are repackaged. These logistic units are identified by serial shipping container codes (SSCCs) and are used for grouping the serial numbers on the individual packs. SSCCs are created in the Movilitas.Cloud web application and the users can scan the serial numbers on the packs with the Movilitas Desktop application.
Connection to the European (EU) Hub
Movilitas.Cloud creates a request after each step in the repackaging process:
- When the original packs are received in the desktop application, a verification request is sent to the EU Hub automatically.
- When the original packs are decommissioned in the mobile application, a decommissioning request is sent to the EU Hub automatically.
- When the new packs are repacked in the desktop application, a commissioning request is created and is to be checked and approved manually before it is sent to the EU Hub.
The connection to the EU Hub is established with a business channel with EU Hub source where details about the manufacturer can also be provided.
Receiving, Decommissioning, and Repacking Goods
The Repacker FMD desktop application enables users to receive the source pharmaceutical products by scanning the serial numbers of the source packs and grouping them using an SSCC. It also enables users to repack the products by scanning the serial numbers of the new packs and grouping them using a different SSCC.
After each step in the repackaging process, a request is sent to the EU Hub. The Check Quality option in the Repacker FMD desktop application enables users to follow up on the status of the SSCCs and take the necessary steps if a serial number returns with an error from the EU Hub.
The Repacker FMD mobile application enables users to decommission the source products by scanning the SSCCs that group them and sending a request containing all the serial numbers grouped by the SSCC to the EU Hub.