A delivery (outbound order) can contain items that are located in different places within a large warehouse site. The items are not moved to the same place to prepare them for the delivery but the people in different places can put the items together to complete the order.
Open the mobile application for Serialized Logistics in the browser to pack an order: put case SSCCs and case GTINs on pallets.
In parallel with this action, other users can add homogeneous pallets to a delivery (Packing - Orders action) or can validate picking (Validate picking action).
- This action is only applicable when shipping pharmaceutical products to the United States and reporting the shipping to SAP ICH.
- This action is only available in the browser. The action is not supported on mobile devices having the installed version of the mobile application.
Before You Begin
Make sure the administrator has assigned you as an operator to the Serialized Logistics application and authorized you to pack an order in the specified warehouse.
1. Open Movilitas Mobile in the browser and select the Serialized Logistics application.
2. Select Pack an order. The application asks you to scan the delivery ID.
3. Scan the delivery ID. The application displays the delivery ID, the pallets (SSCCS) added to the delivery (if any), and the current delivery totals at the bottom of the screen.
|Section on the Screen||Description|
|Pallets||The pallets (if any) are expandable and the user can view their content:|
At the bottom of the screen, the application lists the current delivery totals for each NDC:
When starting the process, the delivery totals show “0” for the included quantity for each NDC. Once a change is performed, the delivery totals and the status of completeness are updated at the bottom of the screen for the corresponding NDC:
Scan active pallet red text / Change Pallet - You need to scan the active pallet and then you can pack case SSCCs or case GTINs into the pallet. You can change the active pallet by clicking on the Change Pallet button and scanning the new pallet. Once clicking on the button, the application displays Scan active pallet in red again.
Circular arrow icon (Refresh)- You can refresh the content of the delivery and the delivery totals at the bottom. This function enables you to see the homogeneous pallets that are added to the delivery in parallel.
Validated - You can set the delivery to Picking validated status.
Dustbin icon (Delete) - The user can remove items until the delivery is validated (fully packed) as follows:
Note: Removing a case GTIN or a case SSCC from a pallet is an unpack action. The removed case SSCCs remain in validated status and are still linked to the delivery.
4. Scan the active pallet.
A pop-up message that fades away after a few seconds guides you to start scanning under the pallet.
If the pallet already contains a child or more, the pallet is expandable and you can view its content. Each lower level is expandable until you get to the trade items. A non-empty pallet is allowed only when the pallet has already been involved in the Pack an order action earlier.
5. Scan the case SSCCs and/or case GTINs one by one and put them on the pallet.
- The hierarchy of the pallet is recalculated.
- If auto-unpack during shipping is activated at the warehouse level, the scanned case GTIN (trade item) is aggregated, and the hierarchy is known in Movilitas.Cloud, the application unpacks the item in the background before adding it to the pallet. All parent trade items are dissolved in the hierarchy and optionally, the parent container(s) (SSCCs) can be also dissolved. These actions are performed on Movilitas.Cloud database only and the event is not sent to an external system.
- If auto-unpack during shipping is not activated at the warehouse level and the scanned case GTIN (trade item) is aggregated, the item is not added to the pallet. The application displays a message that the item is aggregated and needs to be unpacked first.
6. If you want to change the active pallet:
- Click Change Pallet.
- Scan the active pallet.
- Scan the case SSCCs and/or case GTINs one by one and put them on the pallet.
7. If the delivery is fully packed and the delivery totals meet the expectations, click Validated.
The delivery and the parent order are updated under the Orders > Outbound orders tab in the Admin UI:
- The status of the delivery is Picking validated.
- The status of the parent order remains In shipping.
- In the delivery view, the application displays the truck icon (Ship delivery) in the Action column for the delivery.
An authorized user can ship the delivery in the Admin UI.