The purpose of this guide is to give an example as to how to set up a barcode scanner so that it works with Movilitas Mobile. The descriptions provided are not exhaustive and are not meant to be exhaustive and do not attempt to cover all models from the providers or all possible setup scenarios that may be relevant to your goals or particular needs.
While we endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct, Movilitas makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability, or availability with respect to the information covered in this guide for any purpose.
To use a Datalogic scanner with Movilitas Mobile, you need to set up the scanner as described in the procedure below.
1. Go to the scanner settings.
- Android 8: Settings --> System --> Scanner settings
- Android 9: Settings --> Datalogic settings --> Scanner settings
- Android 10+: Settings --> Datalogic settings --> Scanner and diagnostics
2. Select Formatting.
3. Clear prefix and postfix (suffix), and exit formatting.
4. On the scanner settings page, select Wedge.
5. Configure the wedge settings:
- Clear (deactivate) the Enable keyboard wedge option.
- Select (activate) the Enable intent wedge option.
- Set the intent wedge properties:
- Intent delivery mode = Broadcast intent
- Intent action = “com.datalogic.decodewedge.decode_action”
- Intent category =”com.datalogic.decodewedge.decode_category”
- Intent extra barcode string = “com.datalogic.decode.intentwedge.barcode_string”
- Intent extra barcode type = “com.datalogic.decode.intentwedge.barcode_type”
6. Exit the wedge settings and select Commit on the scanner settings page.
The configuration is saved.
You can scan the barcodes in Movilitas Mobile.