The purpose of this guide is to give an example as to how to set up a barcode scanner so that it works with Movilitas Mobile. The descriptions provided are not exhaustive and are not meant to be exhaustive and do not attempt to cover all models from the providers or all possible setup scenarios that may be relevant to your goals or particular needs.
While we endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct, Movilitas makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability, or availability with respect to the information covered in this guide for any purpose.
Set up a Zebra scanner to use it with Movilitas Mobile.
1. Open the DataWedge app.
2. Create a new profile for Movilitas Mobile.
3. Assign the profile to Movilitas Mobile application:
- Select the Movilitas Mobile profile.
- Select Associated apps.
- Select the three dots on the top-right corner and tap New app/activity.
- Select com.movilitas.mobile from the list.
- From the Select activity list, select *.
4. Find the Intent output setting and enable it.
5. As Intent action, specify com.ionic.datawedge.ACTION.
6. Set the Intent delivery to Broadcast intent.
For more information on how to set up a Zebra scanner, check this video.
Note: When using the acceptance environment, you need to create a separate DataWedge profile for the mobile application. Follow the procedure as described above, but create the profile for Movilitas Mobile Acceptance and select com.acceptance.movilitas.mobile as the associated application.