The purpose of this guide is to give an example as to how to set up a barcode scanner so that it works with Movilitas Mobile. The descriptions provided are not exhaustive and are not meant to be exhaustive and do not attempt to cover all models from the providers or all possible setup scenarios that may be relevant to your goals or particular needs.
While we endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct, Movilitas makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability, or availability with respect to the information covered in this guide for any purpose.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Setting Up a Zebra Scanner
To use a Zebra scanner with Movilitas Mobile, you need to set up the scanner as described in the procedure below.
1. Open the DataWedge app.
2. Create a new profile for Movilitas Mobile.
3. Assign the profile to Movilitas Mobile application:
- Select the Movilitas Mobile profile.
- Select Associated apps.
- Select the three dots on the top-right corner and tap New app/activity.
- Select com.movilitas.mobile from the list.
- From the Select activity list, select *.
4. Find the Intent output setting and enable it.
5. As Intent action, specify com.ionic.datawedge.ACTION.
6. Set the Intent delivery to Broadcast intent.
For more information on how to set up a Zebra scanner, check this video.
Note: When using the acceptance environment, you need to create a separate DataWedge profile for the mobile application. Follow the procedure as described above, but create the profile for Movilitas Mobile Acceptance and select com.acceptance.movilitas.mobile as the associated application.
Verify the scanner setup by opening a text editor on the device and scanning a test barcode. If the setup is correct, you can see the scanned data in the text editor.
You can also activate the Continuous Read function.
Enabling Continuous Read in DataWedge
When scanning a lot of items, trigger-based scanning can be time-consuming because the user presses and releases the scanner button for each barcode.
The Continuous Read function enables the users to do ultrafast scanning by pressing and holding the scan trigger while pointing the reader to each barcode. The function can be activated separately in the DataWedge settings.
1. Open the DataWedge app.
2. Depending on the Movilitas.Cloud environment you are using, select Movilitas Mobile profile (production) or Movilitas Mobile Acceptance profile (acceptance).
3. Select Reader params.
4. Select Aim Type.
5. Change the value to Continuous Read.
6. Close the DataWedge app.
For more information, see this Zebra support article.