The Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP) business channel helps in creating a connection between the SFTP server and the Movilitas.Cloud application.
Use the SFTP channel to upload all kinds of reports that are created in the FMD Reports application.
In this section, you will learn how to configure an SFTP channel.
Currently, the SFTP channel can be used in the following applications:
- FMD Reports
For more information on the general channel actions, see Managing Channels for a Tenant (Overview).
1. Go to Movilitas.Cloud Console --> My tenants.
2. Select the tenant or click Open tenant next to it.
3. On the Tenant Dashboard, select the Channels tab. The application displays the list of channels assigned to the tenant.
4. Depending on your setup, create a new FTP channel or modify an existing one. Follow one of the procedures described in the table below.
|#||Create a Channel||Modify an Existing Channel|
|4.1||Click the + icon (Create channel). The application displays the Create channel dialog.|
To search for an SFTP channel, use the search criteria field and the filters:
|4.2||Select Business channel as the type and click Create.|
The application displays the Create Channel page with an empty form to give the basic parameters of the channel.
|To view the channel information, click the edit icon (Edit channel) next to the channel.|
The application displays the Edit Channel page with the current channel settings.
|4.3||Enter a name for the channel and select SFTP as the source.||N/A|
Click Create Channel.
The application informs you about the additional costs. After confirming the creation, the application displays the Edit Channel page with a form where you can provide the connection details for the channel.
Example when creating an SFTP channel:
Example when opening an existing SFTP channel:
5. Provide the SFTP connection settings as explained in the table below:
|SFTP Host||Enter the SFTP host IP or URI address.|
|SFTP Port||Enter the SFTP port.|
|SFTP Username||Enter the SFTP username.|
|SFTP Password||Enter the SFTP password.|
6. Click Save Settings.
7. Validate the connection to the SFTP server by clicking SFTP Health Check button. The application displays the result and if something goes wrong, displays the reason.
If there is a connection error, make sure that you are connected to the Internet and you provide the correct data for your SFTP server.
8. (Optional) If needed, change the name of the channel and click Save Channel.
Select the SFTP channel in the FMD Reports application to upload scheduled reports to the SFTP server.