You can use the Manufacturer V2 API to integrate the shopfloor and the enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems with the Serialized Manufacturing application.
The Manufacturer V2 API uses the Representational State Transfer (REST) standard to interact with other systems.
The Manufacturer V2 API is an extension of the Serialized Manufacturing application of Movilitas.Cloud that enables you to send requests from external systems to the application.
The following figure provides an overview of all the requests that you can send by using the Manufacturer V2 API:
This article describes how to release serials that were previously assigned to a specific product code using the Manufacturer V2 API. The status of the serials will change from Assigned to Available in the Movilitas.Cloud serial number pool.
Note: Releasing serials is applicable only when you are managing serial numbers in Movilitas.Cloud. Movilitas.Cloud supports external serial numbers. If you are using external serial numbers, you cannot release those serial numbers in Movilitas.Cloud.
API Tool to Use
In this document, we provide examples by using the cURL command-line tool. You can use any API tool to perform the API requests, for example, Postman or Katalon Studio.
Before You Begin
1. You must enable the Serialized Manufacturing application.
2. You must create an API key and secret.
3. You must create a shopfloor channel with the Manufacturer V2 API source. You will need the channel key for your requests.
4. You must configure the Serialized Manufacturing application and the channels required to connect to external systems.
5. You must have the authentication token to send requests over API. Select one of the following ways:
- Apply a dynamic token. Send an authentication request over the Authentication API. For more information about the Authentication API, open the Tenant Dashboard in Movilitas.Cloud, select API keys, and choose Authentication API Documentation. Also, see Authentication Request.
- Apply a static token. Generate a static token for your previously created API key.
For more information, see Configuring the Movilitas.Cloud APIs.
1. Use POST method and the following URL:
2. For the header, define the following:
|Content-Type||Apply JSON format for the content. Use the value application/json.|
|x-access-token||Provide the authentication token.|
|x-channel-key||Provide the channel key of your Manufacturer V2 API channel.|
3. In the body of the request, define the parameters and their values based on the table below.
|Field||Required or Optional?||Type||Description|
|product_code_schema||Required||String||Product code schema. The application supports one value, "GTIN".|
|serials||Required||String||The array of serials to be released.|
4. Send the request.
Sample cURL Request
curl -X POST \
-H 'Content-Type: application/json' \
-H 'x-access-token: eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiIsInR5cCI6IkpXVCJ9.eyJrZXkiOiJzX2FqazQyS2RLQWhHciE3TUZtY1Q2UzhTQ3NDQ2hzc2RoTXRFUlNBIUNwUDhlZDkzU2htQ0hoaHIyTmg3Y0dBIiwiX2lkIjoiNWQyNzA4ZDc3NDQ1OTcxYjI5MmY4ZDI3IiwiaWF0IjoxNTY0MDU5ODc2LCJleHAiOjE1NjQxNDYyNzZ9.TBMv71CaxCNtE1opQMk0f1ncfbnZ0Cwnu7MWkTzkQqA' \
-H 'x-channel-key: Ky1SpfEXmjj05fW3USBFD3pgoEi9AQ29Atsnj4Zy' \
Sample Response (Success 200)
"message": "Serials released"
Error Types and Resolution
This section lists some of the most general error types when sending the request.
|ProductError||The product does not exist. Register the product in the Serialized Manufacturing application --> Products tab in the Admin UI.|
|NoTokenError||No authentication token is provided. Ensure that you add the authentication token to the header of the request.|
|InvalidTokenError||Failed to authenticate the provided token. Double-check if your token has expired or has been revoked. Obtain a valid token by generating a static one or by getting a dynamic one through Authentication API.|
|ValidationError||The data or its format is not valid. Make sure you give the data in JSON format as described above.|