The Decommission process allows you to scan and decommission containers and packs that are either destroyed or used as a sample, by using the mobile application.
For containers, if the Decommission children function is activated in the Admin UI, all the child items will be decommissioned when scanning the container. However, if you scan a child item that is still packed in the container, you need to unpack it first before decommissioning the child item.
Note: The procedure described below takes the use case when the operator scans the items by using the camera of the mobile device. For mobile devices with built-in scanners, the scanning-related GUI buttons, like Scan Item, may not be displayed and the user needs to press the physical button on the device to scan.
Before You Begin
The administrator must do the following:
- Assign you as an operator in the Serialized Logistics for Agro application and authorized you to decommission goods.
- Assign you to a warehouse, where optionally an SAP AII channel is set for the warehouse.
1. Open the Serialized Logistics for Agro application in Movilitas Mobile.
2. Select Decommission.
3. From the Sub location drop-down, select the sublocation if you are assigned to multiple sublocations.
4. Tap Scan Item and scan the item. The application displays the scanned item along with the following options:
- Continue scan - you can scan up to 20 items
- Select reason of decommission
- Decommission items - Inactive until a reason is selected
5. Slide the scanned item to the left to perform the following actions:
- Preview - View the scanned item details
- Remove - Remove the item
6. Select Continue Scan to add more items to the list.
7. Tap Select reason of decommission and select the reason for decommissioning in the pop-up window:
8. Select OK. The Decommission Items button becomes active.
9. Tap Decommission Items.
- If the SAP AII system is connected, the action is validated with the SAP AII system, and the SAP AII system is updated.
- If you want to decommission an item that is still packed, the application drops an error message and you need to first unpack the item before decommissioning.
- If the action is valid and verified, the items are decommissioned and the application displays a summary with a message, Items were decommissioned successfully.
- For containers, if the Decommission children function is activated in the Admin UI, all the child items are also decommissioned.
- You can view the details of the decommissioned item by sliding the item to the left and tapping Preview.