The File Transfer Protocol (FTP) business channel helps in creating a connection between the FTP server and the Movilitas.Cloud application.
Use the FTP channel to upload all kinds of reports that are created in the FMD Reports application.
In this section, you will learn how to configure an FTP channel.
Currently, the FTP channel can be used in the following applications:
- FMD Reports
For more information on the general channel actions, see Managing Channels for a Tenant (Overview).
1. Go to Movilitas.Cloud Console --> My tenants.
2. Select the tenant or click Open tenant next to it.
3. On the Tenant Dashboard, select the Channels tab. The application displays the list of channels assigned to the tenant.
4. Depending on your setup, create a new FTP channel or modify an existing one. Follow one of the procedures described in the table below.
|#||Create a Channel||Modify an Existing Channel|
|4.1||Click the + icon (Create channel). The application displays the Create channel dialog.|
To search for an FTP channel, use the search criteria field and the filters:
|4.2||Select Business channel as the type and click Create. |
The application displays the Create Channel page with an empty form to give the basic parameters of the channel.
|To view the channel information, click on the channel name or the edit icon (Edit channel) next to the channel.|
The application displays the Edit Channel page with the current channel settings.
|4.3||Enter a name for the channel and select FTP as the source.||N/A|
Click Create Channel.
The application informs you about the additional costs. After confirming the creation, the application displays the Edit Channel page with a form where you can provide the connection details for the channel.
Example when creating an FTP channel:
Example when opening an existing FTP channel:
5. Provide the FTP connection settings as explained in the table below:
|FTP Host||Enter the FTP host IP or URI address.|
|FTP Port||Enter the FTP port.|
|FTP Username||Enter the FTP username.|
|FTP Password||Enter the FTP password.|
|Secure connection||Select the checkbox to activate FTPS. The data will be encrypted.|
6. Click Save Settings.
7. Validate the connection to the FTP server by clicking FTP Connection Check button. The application displays the result and if something goes wrong, displays the reason.
If there is a connection error, make sure that you are connected to the Internet and you provide the correct data for your FTP server.
8. (Optional) If needed, change the name of the channel and click Save Channel.
Select the FTP channel in the FMD Reports application to upload scheduled reports to the FTP server.