The DSCSA Product Verification & Tracing mobile application enables the operator to initiate a trace request. After submitting the request, Movilitas.Cloud generates the trace request in JSON format. An administrator of the tenant can download the file in the Reports & Analysis application.
Note: The procedure described below takes the use case when the operator scans the items by using the camera of the mobile device.
- For mobile devices with built-in scanners, the GUI buttons related to scanning may not be displayed and you need to press the physical button on the device to scan.
- For devices with external (table) scanners, you can point the scanner to the barcode to scan and you can ignore the GUI buttons on the screen related to scanning.
Before You Begin
The administrator must assign you as an operator in the DSCSA Product Verification & Tracing application.
Optionally, the administrator can assign Universally Unique Identifiers (UUIDs) to the operator to allow scanning with the specified devices only.
To construct the trace request in JSON format, Movilitas.Cloud collects data from the application configuration besides the data that is given in the mobile application. The following data is collected from the application configuration:
- Request ID is auto-generated.
- Date and timestamp is the recorded date and time.
- Contact information:
- Organization name is the tenant name in Movilitas.Cloud.
- Contact method is taken from the Verification Request Contact Information settings of the operator in the DSCSA Product Verification & Tracing application:
- Phone number
- If the verification request contact information is not given, the email address of the operator is used.
- Callback address that is a fixed endpoint to receive the response.
- Requester GLN - The GLN value that is provided in the DSCSA Product Verification & Tracing application under the Settings tab.
IMPORTANT: Only an administrator of the tenant can access the data of the application configuration. Before sending a request, consult an administrator to make sure the right data is included.
1. Open the DSCSA Product Verification & Tracing application in Movilitas Mobile. The application displays the options.
2. Select TI Trace Request. The application displays a form.
3. Fill in the form as described in the table below. The required fields are marked with an asterisk (*) in the form.
|Select the response type:
|Select the investigation reason:
|Enter the investigation circumstances. Free-text field.
|3911 Incident number
|Enter the 3911 incident number. Free-text field.
|When applicable, select the recall depth:
If the recall depth is not applicable, leave the field blank or select None to remove a previously selected option.
|Recall request level
|When applicable, select the recall request level:
If the recall request level is not applicable, leave the field blank or select None to remove a previously selected option.
4. Click Confirm. The application displays a screen where you can scan the item(s) or enter the data manually. At the top of the screen, the application shows the details of the request.
5. Add the items to the list in one of the following ways:
|Select Scan Items and scan the items one by one.
|1. Select Manual Input.
2. Enter the item details in the Manual input pop-up window.
3. Select Confirm.
|You can provide the following data in the pop-up window:
The items are added to the list. To view the details of an item or remove an item from the list, slide the item to the left and select Preview or Remove, respectively.
6. If you are ready, select Send. Movilitas.Cloud generates the trace request in JSON format.
An administrator of the tenant can download the trace request in the Reports & Analysis application under the DSCSA --> Trace Request tab.