The company wants to pack medicinal products into logistic units like cases, pallets, or parcels, etc. To identify and keep track of these logistic units, serial shipping container codes (SSCCs) are needed.
To identify and keep track of logistic units in the Manufacturer for Pharma application, create serial shipping container code (SSCCs) sequences.
List of Procedures
Searching for an SSCC and Viewing the SSCC History in the Pool
1. Open the Manufacturer for Pharma application and select the SSCC pool tab.
2. Enter the SSCC in the search field and/or select the status under Status.
- The list of the SSCCs is filtered based on the search criteria.
- You can reset the filter by clicking the Reset Filters icon.
3. To view the history of an SSCC, click > next to the SSCC on the left. You can track all the status changes of the SSCC during its lifecycle.
Creating SSCC Sequences
You can create unique and GS1-compliant SSCCs in the Manufacturer for Pharma application.
1. Open the Manufacturer for Pharma application.
2. On the SSCC Pool tab, click Create SSCC Sequence.
3. the Create SSCC Sequence window, provide the details as described below.
|Extension digit||Enter the extension digit for the SSCC (0-9). This can be useful if you want to introduce a hierarchy (multi-level containers), where each level has its own extension digit.|
|GS1 Prefix||Enter your GS1 company prefix. The allowed prefix length is 6 to 9 digits.|
|Start sequence from|
Optionally, specify the number to start the sequence from. The value given here is part of the serial reference piece of your SSCC.
For example, if you enter "200" here, and the serial reference is 7-digit long due to a 9-digit long GS1 company prefix, the first SSCC in the sequence will receive "0000200" as the serial reference, the second one will have "0000201", and so on.
If "0000200" is already available in the pool, the next value is taken that is not existing in the pool yet.
|Amount||Enter the number of required SSCCs.|
Note: Movilitas.Cloud automatically calculates the check digit based on the entered values as per the GS1 standard. You do not need to calculate or give the check digit.
4. Click Create. The SSCCs are created and added to the list in Available status.
In the following example, we are searching for the three SSCCs generated with the values illustrated previously:
- Extension digit: "9"
- GS1 Prefix: "012345678"
- Start sequence from: "200" --> "0000200"
- Amount: "3"
The SSCCs can be used to pack medicinal products.