Companies pack products into logistic units like cases, pallets, or parcels. To identify and keep track of logistic units in the Serialized Manufacturing application, create and manage serial shipping container code (SSCCs) sequences as per the GS1 standard.
List of Procedures
Searching for an SSCC and Viewing the SSCC History in the Pool
The Serialized Manufacturing application lists:
- The SSCCs generated in Movilitas.Cloud.
- The external SSCCs sent through Manufacturer V2 API as part of an aggregation action.
1. In the Serialized Manufacturing application, select the SN/SSCC pool --> SSCC pool tab.
2. Enter the number of the SSCC in the search field and/or select the status under Status.
- The list of the SSCCs is filtered based on the search criteria.
- You can reset the filter by clicking the Reset Filters icon.
3. To view the history of an SSCC, click > next to the SSCC on the left. You can track all the status changes of the SSCC during its lifecycle.
You can generate unique and GS1-compliant SSCCs in the Serialized Manufacturing application to use them for aggregation purposes.
1. In the Serialized Manufacturing application, select the SN/SSCC pool → SSCC pool tab.
2. Click Request SSCCs.
3. In the Request SSCCs window, provide the details as described below.
|Amount||Enter the number of required SSCCs.|
|GS1 Prefix||Enter your GS1 company prefix.|
|Extension digit||Enter the extension digit for the SSCC (0-9). This can be useful if you want to introduce a hierarchy (multi-level containers), where each level has its own extension digit.|
Optionally, specify the number to start the sequence from. The value given here is part of the serial reference piece of your SSCC.
For example, if you enter "220" here, and the serial reference is 9-digit long due to a 7-digit long GS1 company prefix, the first SSCC in the sequence will receive "000000220" as the serial reference, the second one will have "000000221", and so on.
If "000000220" is already available in the pool, the next value is taken that is not existing in the pool yet.
Note: Movilitas.Cloud automatically calculates the check digit based on the entered values as per the GS1 standard. You do not need to calculate or give the check digit.
4. Click Request. You can see the SSCCs you just generated in the list in Available status.
In the following example, we are searching for the three SSCCs generated with the values illustrated previously:
- Extension digit: "2"
- GS1 Prefix: "7654321"
- Start sequence from: "220" --> "000000220"
- Amount: "3"
- The last, check digit is automatically calculated.