Use the Serialized Logistics mobile application to scan the products to be decommissioned.
Note: The procedure described below takes the use case when the operator scans the items by using the camera of the mobile device.
- For mobile devices with built-in scanners, the GUI buttons related to scanning, like Scan Item, may not be displayed and you need to press the physical button on the device to scan.
- For devices with external (table) scanners, you can point the scanner to the barcode to scan and you can ignore the GUI buttons on the screen related to scanning.
Before You Begin
Make sure the administrator has assigned you as an operator to the Serialized Logistics application and authorized you to perform one or more decommissioning actions in the specified warehouse.
The administrator can assign you to a warehouse having a configured Arvato regulatory channel to connect to an NMVS.
1. Open the Serialized Logistics application in Movilitas Mobile.
2. Select Decommission.
3. Select Scan Item and scan the first pack you want to decommission. You can scan up to 20 items.
Depending on the warehouse configuration and the selected channel, you can scan a pallet or a box that contains multiple items. In this case, all items inside the logistic unit will be decommissioned.
When an Arvato regulatory channel is selected for the warehouse, you can only scan packs for decommissioning.
4. (Optional) Scan multiple items by tapping Continue Scan.
5. Select the reason for decommissioning.
You can select the reasons that are assigned to you by the administrator.
|Destroyed||Select this reason when you want to mark the item as "Destroyed".|
|Sampled||Select this reason when you want to mark the item as "Sampled".|
|Supplied||Select this reason when you want to dispense the item and mark it as "Supplied".|
|Exported||Select this reason when you want to mark the item as "Exported".|
6. Tap Decommission Items.
The application displays a summary of the action completed for the scanned items:
- When a connection to an NMVS (Arvato) is set up through an Arvato regulatory channel and the channel is configured for the warehouse of the operator, the action is reported to the NMVS.
- There is a separate list for the successful requests and the failed requests, respectively. You can quickly detect if there are failed requests. For failed requests, the application displays the reason and the alert ID when an alert is raised in the NMVS.
- You can slide the item to the left to select Preview and check the status.
- A user with the administrator role can resend the failed requests to the NMVS by using the Retry Failed Packs button (when retry is applicable).