The Decommission process allows you to scan and decommission containers and packs that are either destroyed or used as a sample, by using the desktop application.
For containers, if the Decommission children function is activated in the Admin UI, all the child items will be decommissioned when scanning the container. However, if you scan a child item that is still packed in the container, you need to unpack it first before decommissioning the child item.
Before You Begin
The administrator must do the following:
- Assign you as an operator in the Serialized Logistics for Agro application and authorized you to decommission goods.
- Assign you to a warehouse, where optionally an SAP AII channel is set for the warehouse.
1. Open the Serialized Logistics for Agro application in Movilitas Desktop.
2. Select Decommission. The application displays the Sub location drop-down and is waiting for scanning.
3. From the Sub location drop-down, select the sublocation if you are assigned to multiple sublocations.
4. Scan the item. The scanned item is displayed on the screen along with the following options:
- Select reason of decommission
- Preview - View the scanned item details
- Remove - Remove the item
- Decommission Products - Inactive until a reason is selected
5. Continue scanning to add more items to the list. You can scan up to 20 items.
6. Select the reason for decommissioning by opening the Select reason of decommission drop-down. The reason can be one of the following:
7. Choose Decommission Products.
- If the SAP AII system is connected, the action is validated with the SAP AII system, and the SAP AII system is updated.
- If the action is valid and verified, the items are decommissioned and the application displays a summary with a message, Items were decommissioned successfully.
- For containers, if the Decommission children function is activated in the Admin UI, all the child items are also decommissioned.
- If you want to decommission an item that is still packed, the application drops an error message and you need to first unpack the item before decommissioning.
- If the Decommission children function is deactivated in the Admin UI and you want to decommission an item that has a child, the application drops an appropriate error message.