The Ship process allows you to scan and ship the orders by using the mobile application.
Before You Begin
The administrator must do the following:
- Assign you as an operator in the Serialized Logistics for Agro application and authorized you to ship goods.
- Assign you to a warehouse, where optionally an SAP AII channel is set for the warehouse.
1. Open the Serialized Logistics for Agro application in Movilitas Desktop.
2. Select Ship. The application displays the list of orders that are in status Open, In shipping or Paused shipping.
3. From the Sub location drop-down, select the sublocation if you are assigned to multiple sublocations.
4. Scan the order or select the order after entering the order ID in the search field. The application displays the order details and the following options:
- Sub location - When selecting an order that is in In shipping or Paused shipping status, you can also set the sublocation on the order level. Not applicable when selecting an order that is in Open status.
- Line items
- Pause - With this option, you can pause the process. The order status changes to Paused shipping.
- Ship - With this option, you can complete the Ship process. The order status changes to Shipped.
5. Select the line item. The Shipping screen displays the line item details and the following:
- List of scanned items
6. Scan the item.
- The system matches the scanned item with the order in the system.
- If the data matches, then the item is scanned and the SSCC of the item is displayed on the screen.
- If the data does not match, then an error message is displayed. To view the details of the item or remove the item, select Details or Remove, respectively.
- If the SAP AII system is connected, the scanned label is compared with the order details, and the scanned information is sent to the SAP AII system for verification.
7. Continue scanning for each line item.
Note: When unlimited overdelivery and underdelivery are not allowed, the application displays a message if you overdeliver by exceeding the maximum value above tolerance. If the scanned quantity exceeds the limits, you cannot ship. Make sure that the quantity to be delivered meets the requirements and is within the tolerance.
8. Go back to the Shipping screen listing the line items and select Ship. The application requests confirmation to ensure that you have scanned all the items that must be shipped.
Note: When unlimited overdelivery and underdelivery are not allowed, the application displays a message if you underdeliver by not reaching the minimum value including tolerance. If the scanned quantity does not reach the minimum value, you cannot ship. Make sure that the quantity to be delivered meets the requirements and is within the tolerance.
9. Select Yes. The application displays a summary.
- The order status changes to Shipped.
- If SAP AII is connected, then the Post Good Issue is sent to the SAP AII system.