The Pick and Pack operation is an optional preparation step before shipping the items.
You can get one or more parent containers, pick smaller packs, and put them on the parents. An order can contain multiple line items, and you can put the packs of the line items on the parents in a flexible way.
Once all the items are scanned and put on the parents, you can finish the process by performing the following three actions one after the other:
- Finish all the line items.
- Finish all the parents.
- Finish the Pick and Pack operation for the order.
Note: The procedure described below takes the use case when the operator scans the items by using the camera of the mobile device. For mobile devices with built-in scanners, the scanning-related GUI buttons, like Scan Parent, may not be displayed and the user needs to press the physical button on the device to scan.
Before You Begin
The administrator must do the following:
- Assign you as an operator in the Serialized Logistics for Agro application and authorize you to perform the Pick and Pack operation.
- Assign you to a warehouse, where optionally an SAP AII channel is set for the warehouse.
1. Open the Serialized Logistics for Agro application in Movilitas Mobile.
2. Select Pick and Pack. The application displays the list of orders that are in status Open, In picking, or Paused picking.
3. From the Sub location drop-down, select the sublocation if you are assigned to multiple sublocations.
4. Tap Scan Order and scan the order or select the order after entering the order ID in the search field. The application displays the order ID and the following:
- Sub location - When selecting an order that is in In picking or Paused picking status, you can also set the sublocation on the order level. Not applicable when selecting an order that is in Open status.
- Scan Parent
- Finish Pick and Pack - With this option, you can finish the Pick and Pack operation for the order after all the parents are completed.
- If there is no scanned parent, the application displays the message No parents assigned to the order, please scan some to fill the list!.
- List of scanned parents - You can remove a parent by sliding it to the left and tapping Remove.
- Added - Status after the parent is scanned and the activity is ongoing for the parent.
- Validated - Status after the activity is finished for the parent.
5. Tap Scan Parent and scan the parent. The Select item screen displays the order ID, the scanned SSCC, and the following options:
- Pause - With this option, you can pause the process. The order status changes to Paused picking.
- Finish Parent - With this option, you can finish the Pick and Pack operation on the parent after all the line items are completed.
- Line items - The application displays all the line items independently of the line item status. You can do scanning only for the unfinished line items.
Note: If the SAP AII system is connected, the scanned information is sent to the SAP AII system for verification. If the verification fails for the scanned parent, the application displays an error message.
6. Select the line item. The Pick and Pack screen displays the line item details and the following:
- Scan Item
- Finish Line Item
- List of scanned items
Note: For the finished line items, you can only view the list of scanned items.
7. Tap Scan Item. Scan the item and put the item on the parent.
The system matches the scanned item with the order in the system:
- If the data matches, then the SSCC or the pack is scanned and the SSCC or the pack is displayed on the screen.
- If the data does not match, then the application displays an error message.
- To view the details of the scanned item or remove the scanned item, slide the item to the left and select Preview or Remove, respectively.
8. Continue scanning for each line item and put the scanned items on the parent. If needed, scan a new parent and continue the process on the new parent.
9. Once all the packs of all the line items are scanned and put on the parents, finish each line item one after the other. Tap Finish Line Item on the Pick and Pack screen listing the scanned items of the line item.
For finished line items, you can only view the details of the scanned items by sliding them to the left and tapping Preview.
10. Once all the line items are closed, finish each parent one after the other. Select the parent and choose Finish Parent on the Select item screen listing the line items.
The application displays a pop-up to confirm the operation.
11. Select Yes.
- The parent status changes to Validated.
- If the SAP AII system is connected, the operation is validated and confirmed with the SAP AII system.
12. Once all the parents are closed, select Finish Pick and Pack on the Select parent screen. The application displays a pop-up to confirm the operation.
13. Select Yes. The order status changes to Picked and the order is prepared for shipping.
Ship the items.