The Pick and Pack operation is an optional preparation step before shipping the items.
You can get one or more parent containers, pick smaller packs, and put them on the parents. An order can contain multiple line items, and you can put the packs of the line items on the parents in a flexible way.
Once all the items are scanned or manually entered, and then put on the parents, you can finish the process by performing the following three actions one after the other:
- Finish all the line items.
- Finish all the parents.
- Finish the Pick and Pack operation for the order.
Note: The procedure described below takes the use case when the operator scans the items by using the camera of the mobile device.
- For mobile devices with built-in scanners, the GUI buttons related to scanning, like Scan Parent, may not be displayed and you need to press the physical button on the device to scan.
- For devices with external (table) scanners, you can point the scanner to the barcode to scan and you can ignore the GUI buttons on the screen related to scanning.
Before You Begin
The administrator must do the following:
- Assign you as an operator in the Serialized Logistics for Agro application and authorize you to perform the Pick and Pack operation.
- Assign you to a warehouse, where optionally an SAP AII channel is set for the warehouse.
1. Open the Serialized Logistics for Agro application in Movilitas Mobile.
2. Select Pick and Pack. The application displays the list of orders that are in status Open, In picking, or Paused picking.
3. From the Sub location drop-down, select the sublocation if you are assigned to multiple sublocations.
4. Tap Scan Order and scan the order or select the order after entering the order ID in the search field. The application displays the order ID and the following:
- Sub location - When selecting an order that is in In picking or Paused picking status, you can also set the sublocation on the order level. Not applicable when selecting an order that is in Open status.
- Scan Parent
- Finish Pick and Pack - With this option, you can finish the Pick and Pack operation for the order after all the parents are completed.
- If no parent is given, the application displays the message No parents assigned to the order, please scan some to fill the list!.
- List of parents - You can remove a parent by sliding it to the left and tapping Remove.
- Added - Status after the parent is scanned or manually entered and the activity is ongoing for the parent.
- Validated - Status after the activity is finished for the parent.
5. Tap Scan Parent and scan the parent OR tap Manual Input, enter the SSCC, and tap Confirm. The Select item screen displays the order ID, the SSCC, and the following options:
- Pause - With this option, you can pause the process. The order status changes to Paused picking.
- Finish Parent - With this option, you can finish the Pick and Pack operation on the parent after all the line items are completed.
- Line items - The application displays all the line items independently of the line item status. You can do scanning or provide manual input only for the unfinished line items.
Note: If the SAP system is connected, the provided information is sent to the SAP system for verification. If the verification fails for the parent, the application displays an error message.
6. Select the line item. The Pick and Pack screen displays the line item details and the following:
- Scan Item
- Manual Input
- Finish Line Item
- List of scanned/entered items
Note: For the finished line items, you can only view the list of items.
7. Tap Scan Item and scan the item OR tap Manual Input, enter the label details (SSCC or Pack SGTIN), and tap Confirm. Put the item on the parent.
For manual input, follow the GS1 standard. The application displays simple guides, for example, the Application Identifier (AI) of each parameter in brackets and the allowed number of characters. When entering dates, use the YYMMDD format.
The system matches the scanned or entered item with the order in the system:
- If the data matches, then the SSCC or the pack is displayed on the screen.
- If the data does not match, then the application displays an error message.
- To view the details of the item or remove the item, slide the item to the left and select Preview or Remove, respectively.
8. Continue scanning or entering the data manually for each line item and put the items on the parent. If needed, get a new parent and continue the process with the new parent.
9. Once all the packs of all the line items are provided and put on the parents, finish each line item one after the other. Tap Finish Line Item on the Pick and Pack screen listing the items of the line item.
For finished line items, you can only view the details of the items by sliding them to the left and tapping Preview.
10. Once all the line items are closed, finish each parent one after the other. Select the parent and choose Finish Parent on the Select item screen listing the line items.
The application displays a pop-up to confirm the operation.
11. Select Yes.
- The parent status changes to Validated.
- If the SAP system is connected, the operation is validated and confirmed with the SAP system.
12. Once all the parents are closed, select Finish Pick and Pack on the Select parent screen. The application displays a pop-up to confirm the operation.
13. Select Yes. The order status changes to Picked and the order is prepared for shipping.
Ship the items.